For the third consecutive year, ACCIONA shows the value of its Business as Unusual model. Launched in 2018, this strategy allows us to face global challenges in a comprehensive way, with a positive local impact and ensuring a presence in solid markets or in emerging markets with a long-term perspective.
Business as Unusual
REIMAGINING THE FUTURE
INVESTING IN THE PLANET
The main challenge of 2020 is COVID-19 and its consequences, both in the economy and in reaching Sustainable Development Goals.
To ensure that economies stay afloat and that the countries most striken by the pandemic perceive signs of improvement, it is essential than we avoid the mistakes of the past.
Traditional business has proven ineffective in protecting the most vulnerable
The coronavirus crisis has confirmed the importance of having access to safe water and a sanitation network or facilities that allow adequate hand washing.
It has put the spotlight on access to other types of resources such as energy, especially electricity, critical in the healthcare sector, where its absence or the intermittent shutdowns of a poor-quality network can endanger the lives of many people.
Education and food should not be forgotten either since confinements or the increase in poverty have complicated the fulfillment of these basic rights.
72% of the goals set by the SDGs are linked to infrastructure development
BUSINESS AS UNUSUAL, ACCIONA'S SOLUTION
The solution to this challenge is to go for a regenerative economy that enhances economic growth and sustainable development, to meet the needs of the present without compromising future generations.
Ensuring the balance between:
- The progress of the economy
- Caring for the environment
- Social welfare
- Meeting the SDGs
Keys in generating business for ACCIONA
- Increase in the supply of capital that is looking for a positive impact.
- ACCIONA offers a sustainable financing framework aligned with the European taxonomy.
- Easy access to sustainable financing.
- ACCIONA has identified a range of comprehensive solutions.
- The solutions are of high positive impact.
- Technical excellence to respond to challenges.
- Improved positioning when it comes to getting projects.
- Relationships created with public institutions and governments that need to advance towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Emergence of new business models that meet the Sustainable Development Goals.
- New impact indicators, 169 subgoals related to the SDGs.
- The improvement of the quality of life as an ultimate need of 21st century projects.
2018 – 2020: 3 YEARS OF GOALS ACCOMPLISHED
Since the development of our new Business as Unusual model, financial targets have been met year after year. The roadmap envisioned to position ourselves as a company in a new sector has produced the following results
INNOVATE TO IMPROVE PRODUCTIVITY
ACCIONA has been reinforcing its sustainability strategy since 2005. Since 2018, the company's alignment with the SDGs is full. This innovative approach to working on infrastructures while at the same time reaching the SDGs by 2030 allows ACCIONA to channel the necessary investment capital to accelerate this goal.
Solutions are built with a regenerative approach, contributing to increase the planet's capacity and the multiplying effect of infrastructures. This new way of understanding and operating in the sector allows the resources and created value to be distributed more effectively to the different stakeholders.